Sunday, August 30, 2026

Dirty Shoe Gravel Race - Fatty Style

 


I headed to Illinois Friday. I recon'd some of race route for Saturday then hit the hotel. A ton of races I wanted to conflict with my gig schedule plus as I said before, my foot injury hasn't been fun. It's healing slowly. I met the race organizer Friday as I finished my ride. Nice guy. I love grasss roots events. Neat little town. The race started and finished on the horse track. Right in front is the world's largest Horseshoe. The race was fun. Chunky gravel with some fun hills. I rode with the lead guys early, but those gravel bikes pulled away. I was solo until the last 13 miles. Curt joined me. I had a blast on a narrow double track road. I was solo again. There was pavement for a few miles. I was going 21 mph, but Curt caught me again. He put in some nice pulls on the final gravel sections. I cheered him on to attack in the last half mile. We finished doing a lap on the track. Curt finished just in front in 5th with me 6th. It was nice doing a race. I drove straight to my gig. Just made it. haha Fun stuff!





Venga!

Egg