Thursday, August 13, 2026

Cow Country Thursday


 Another busy day, but I got out before the rain returned. 20 miler from Bethel in Cow Country. Another ride on the 5.9 Madone. This bike kicks ass. Rim brakes rule. I'll be back on my Emonda next week. Ordered new rotors. my 5,9 Madone is so light & responsive. If it were aero shaped it would be faster than today's bikes. Fun stuff! I worked my way West near old PECO then down Rudy. Up Jay's Climb NE to Walnut Grove. Tonight was a trip down memory lane. I don't look back too often. This year's had me contemplating life in many ways. When your parents are suffering it's tough. It's hard to believe I'm 54. It's crazy I'm still riding these roads. So many battles and characters. I miss the Ramble Days. Post Ramble racing got crazy. I was fortunate to win many TT's, gravel, & MTB events over the years. That era was special though. Every Wednesday was epic. Thanks to everyone who came out. I hope you are all doing well. I headed back to Bethel via The Cow Hill, Hamnmer Head Hill, & Pisgah Hill for a change. Seated tempo efforts. The legs felt good. I got back to the school then hopped on my TT bike for a 3 mile spin. It's been a few weeks. Just wanted to make sure position was still good. The rain started as I pulled away. Stole another one!



Venga!

Egg